Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Big Switch - July 2013

When my brother and I were younger, we used to spend a couple of weeks with my cousins in Huntsville Utah. Then, they would come and spend a couple of weeks with us in Sandy Utah. We had so much fun and a lot of great memories of those times. So, since our children are about the same ages as my brothers, we thought it would be fun to try it and see.
 
We met in Tremonton Utah, about half way between both of us. The girls loaded up in their car, and the boys in ours and off we went.
 

 
We didn't have a chance to eat lunch so we stopped in Pocatello at McDonald's to let Braden play and grab a quick bite!
 
On our way back from Pocatello, we stopped in Rigby to see my parents and the boys decided to go to Squealers. It was decided we would leave them there, since my parents are only a few minutes away, and then my parents (aka Grandma and Grandpa) would bring them to our house when their time was up.  Unfortunately, not too long after we left them, the winds picked up and a little while after that, there was a tornado warning in effect. So my parents went over and picked them up early. Sad that they didn't get to ride the go karts until their hearts content!
 
After the tornado warning passed, and the winds calmed down, we tried to salvage the night by having a fire and making smores. What 12 year old boy doesn't like fire?? It was fun  just sitting around and talking and playing with fire.
 
 
 

On Saturday, the boys decided they would go to Rexburg Rapids. I gave them my cell phone and we got them in and told them to call when they were done. They had to be done early. A huge cloud moved in with lightning and rain. Everyone out of the pool. So we went and picked them up and since Braden was having so much fun with the slip and slide, I told them they had to go on the slip and slide at least once!


 
Nothing was working out for us. After dinner at  pizza pie cafe, we decided to go over to the BYU-Idaho center and play basketball.  I guess you can run on the track, but you can only play basketball if you have BYU-Idaho issue and an I-card. BUMMER! Luckily, they were feeling nice and let Ethan borrow some issue and play anyway.
 
 
After playing basketball and running on track, we took him to the auditorium to let him see. Wish the lights were on so he could have seen it better. Either way, it is an impressive building to see.
 
 
Of course it happened to be fast Sunday, so I didn't make a great breakfast on Sunday. Ty had duties he had to fulfill so Ethan got to tag along. I drove them because it was the other street over and off a busy highway. I couldn't help taking this picture. Future missionaries!
 
We went to church and Braden was in heaven having one of his cousins there to show off and sit by! Later in Deacon's Quorum,  Tyler was set apart as the President. It was great having Ethan there for that moment with him.
 
 The rest of Sunday was a nice and relaxing day. We watched a movie and had popcorn, had a nice dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's, and while Allen and I went to bed, the boys stayed up playing wii.

Mondy was the switchback day so in the morning we went to Craze fun Zone and did a quick few games of lazer tag before heading out to our meeting point!

Meanwhile, the girls had a lot of fun and I got a few updates from my brother Scott. Kind of the same things. He took them over to BYU's indoor track where they ran around and played.



I don't know what this is, but they were here too! They went swimming at Lehi's indoor recreation place and had fun there. They also went for pizza on Saturday night at a place called Jack's.  McKenna was in heaven because her cousin Adam is also an early riser and they would use that time to play games.
 On Sunday they went to church and had a great time and spent some time at a pioneer cemetary.


 All in all, it was a fun weekend. I wish it was longer just because I feel like Ethan didn't get a lot of fun experiences. It just happened to be one weekend where it rained and stormed a lot and there wasn't a lot to do! Either way, I know my children had such a great time and I know they are hoping to do it again soon. It was a fun experience for them!



0 comments: